The town of Westborough, also known as ‘Westboro,’ is located in Central Massachusetts about 37.5 miles west of Boston and 12 miles east of Worcester.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 21.6 square miles, of which 20.5 square miles is land and 1.1 square miles is water.
The ZIP code for Westboro is 01580.
Incorporated in Massachusetts on November 18, 1717, Westborough has grown from a settlement of orchards and dairies into a dynamic community with a healthy mix of residences and industry.
The town’s most famous native is Eli Whitney Jr., inventor of the cotton gin in 1795 after graduating from Yale. In 1798, Whitney introduced mass production and changed the face of industry in the nation at his Whitney Arms Company in New Haven, Connecticut.
The Public Library is a member of the Central and Western Massachusetts Resource Sharing network (C/W MARS) and offers a wide range of programs such as book discussion groups, public speakers and activities for kids.
Westborough is located at the intersection of the Massachusetts Turnpike (I90) and I495, providing an easily accessible location for residents and businesses alike.
Westborough was named on Money Magazine’s list of Best Places to Live twice and Westborough High School was ranked #18 in Boston Magazine’s 2010 list of Top Massachusetts Public High Schools.
Westborough (Westboro), MA Population Statistics
As of 2011, Westborough’s population is 18,000 plus people and there are 1,839 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, the town has experienced a population growth of -11.71%. The median age is 42.4. 43.94% of the people are married and 10.51% are divorced. The average household size is 2.17 people. 45.43% of people are married with children and 56.74% have children and are single.
Westborough (Westboro), MA Economy
Westborough has been home to diversified manufacturing, ranging from straw hats, sleighs and boots in the past to computer and telecommunications equipment today.
The town has also emerged as an important regional center for office development, with 35% of its employment devoted to the service sector.
Industries located within Westboro town limits include: AstraZenec, Dover Electric, Proteon, Genzyme, EMC Corporation, IBM, PFPC, the US Headquarters of National Grid USA, Bose Corporation and the global headquarters of American Superconductor.
The unemployment rate is 6.00%, with job growth at 0.62%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 35.24%. The sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is 5.30%. Income per capita is $35,292, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $64,707.
Population by Occupation in Westborough (Westboro), MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 14.46%
- Professional and Related Occupations 33.17%
- Service 11.49%
- Sales and Office 22.43%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 9.31%
- Production, Transportation and Material Moving 8.61%
Westborough (Westboro), Climate
The town gets 46 inches and 56 inches of snowfall per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 88. On average, there are 201 sunny days per year with July highs around 81 degrees and January lows around of 15 degrees.
Westborough (Westboro), MA Real Estate and Housing
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate or thinking about relocating to Westborough (Westboro) MA, you’ll find many residential options to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, town homes or short sales, I am a Westboro MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
The median home value is $320,700 with home appreciation at -2.15% over the last year. The median age of Westborough Real Estate is 72 years. Renters make up 41.58% of the population and 4.04% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Westborough (Westboro), MA Public Schools
The town is served by Westborough Public School system and has three elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. Public Schools include:
- Hastings Elementary School
- Armstrong Elementary School
- Annie E. Fales Elementary School
- Mill Pond School
- Sarah W. Gibbons Middle School
- Westborough High School
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Westborough (Westboro), MA
- Framingham State College -Framingham
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Worcester
- Quinsigamond Community College – Worcester
- College of the Holy Cross – Worcester
- Clark University – Worcester
- Assumption College – Worcester
- Worcester State College – Worcester
Westborough (Westboro), MA Educational Statistics
- 2 yr College Grad. 7.84%
- 4 yr College Grad. 25.55%
- Graduate Degrees 16.08%
- High School Grads. 90.95%
Hospitals/Medical Centers in Worcester County, MA
- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital
- Westborough State Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Clinton Hospital
- Baystate MaryLane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Adcare Hospital of Worcester
- UMass Mem-MarlboroughHospital
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Wing Mem Hosp & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Harrington Memorial Hospital
- Landmark Medical Center
- Day Kimball Hospital
- Athol Memorial Hospital
Westborough (Westboro), MA Transportation and Commute
Amtrak stations near Westborough include Worcester (10 miles) and Framingham (11 miles). The town currently does not provide any public transportation apart from public school buses and free transportation for senior citizens. Logan International Airport serves the town. The nearest commuter rail is in adjacent Southboro MA.
The average one-way commute takes 29 minutes. 81% of commuters drive their own car alone, 6% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 9% work from home.
Westborough MA Restaurants
There are a plethora of great restaurants with numerous choices along Route 9 as well as other parts of town. Below is a sampling of some of the best known places to eat.
- 1790 House Restaurant - Fine dining with a wide variety of American food.
- Arturo’s Ristorante – Fine Northern Italian Cuisine.
- Ted’s Montana Grill – Famous for their delicious Bison burger.
- Harry’s Restaurant – A Westborough landmark for generations. Know for fried clams and other treats.
- The Chateau – Italian family dining.
Westborough, MA Websites
- Town of Westboro - Official government site for Westboro Massachusetts.
- Westboro Massachusetts public Schools - Official web page for the school system.
- Westboro MA Assessors office - Access to the Westboro Assessors office
- Treasurer/Collector - Access to the collection office for the town.
- Building Department - Access to the town building department.
- Westboro Board of Health - Access to the Westboro Board of Health.
- Westboro Planning Board - Access to the Westboro planning office.
- Westboro MA Board of Selectmen - Board of selectmen access.
- Westborough Public Library - Website for the public library.
- Police Department - Access to the police Department.
- Fire Department - Access to the fire department.
- Animal Control - Animal control officer for Westboro MA
- Westboro public works - Access to the public works department.
- Historical Commission - Access to the town of Westboro Historical commission.
- Topix News Westboro – Topix news site for Westboro Massachusetts.
Bill Gassett – Westboro Massachusetts Realtor
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property or other Westborough MA Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience.
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate, you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell in Westborough MA, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston,MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 26 years servicing Metrowest MA, including Westboro MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for twelve out of the past thirteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty - a five office company with over 135 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, andFranklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Westborough, MA Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Westborough MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
77 Main Street, Hopkinton MA 01748
Connect with Bill’s Westborough Real Estate profile on Google+
To see all Westborough MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Westborough (Westboro), Massachusetts
1 - 25 of 50.
See more Real estate in the city of Westborough.
(all data current as of 5/24/2013)
$229,900 : 19 Elm St, Westborough2 beds, 1 full bath
$229,900 : 46 Elm Street, Westborough2 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$245,000 : 27 Cottage St, Westborough4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$260,000 : 9 Cross Street, Westborough5 beds, 2 full baths
$265,000 : 59 Summer St, Westborough4 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$285,000 : 7 Arch Street, Westborough3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$289,900 : 228 Ruggles St, Westborough3 beds, 1 full bath
$313,000 : 22 Park St, Westborough3 beds, 2 full baths
$317,900 : 57 Summer St, Westborough3 beds, 1 full bath
$319,000 : 2 Maynard St, Westborough3 beds, 2 full baths
$325,000 : 23 Linda Street, Westborough3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$330,000 : 52 Summer St, Westborough3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$339,000 : 75 Bowman St, Westborough4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$350,000 : 25 Hyder Street, Westborough3 beds, 2 full baths
$354,880 : 80 Bowman St, Westborough4 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$364,900 : 18 Warren, Westborough4 beds, 2 full baths
$399,000 : 9 Chestnut Street, Westborough3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$438,900 : Lot 1 B Hadley Lane, Westborough3 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$449,900 : 80 Lyman St, Westborough4 beds, 3 full baths
$459,900 : 29 Olde Coach Road, Westborough4 beds, 3 full baths
$459,900 : 1 Valley Brook Rd, Westborough4 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$475,000 : 41 Lackey Street, Westborough4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$479,900 : 28 Adams St, Westborough5 beds, 3 full, 2 part baths
$494,500 : 11 Phylmor Dr, Westborough4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
$500,000 : 18 Kay St, Westborough4 beds, 2 full baths
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.