Realtors Guide to Northbridge Massachusetts
Do you want to learn all there is to know about the Northbridge Massachusetts Real Estate market, as well as the community itself by a top Northbridge MA Realtor? If you are thinking of selling or buying a home in Nortbridge, please get in touch as I have been selling Northbridge real estate for the past twenty seven years!
There are very few Realtors in Northbridge that have the track record of being a top producer year after year. Having been a Northbridge Real Estate agent with almost three decades of experience, selling here has been easy for me. Take a look at my guide to Northbridge and let me know if there are any questions I can answer.
Northbridge is located in the Blackstone River Valley of south central Massachusetts in Worcester County. A growing suburban town, Northbridge is made up of several villages including: Whitinsville, Linwood, Rockdale, Riverdale and Northbridge Center.
The town was once a part of Uxbridge and Mendon and was incorporated on July 4, 1772. According to the United States Census Bureau, Northbridge has a total area of 18.1 square miles.
The zip code in Northbridge is 01534. Adjacent towns include: Grafton on the north; Upton on the northeast; Mendon on the east; Uxbridge on the south and Sutton on the west
Northbridge Massachusetts is now a part of the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor and has a number of valley sites designated by the National Park service. The Reservoir of the West Hill Dam flood control project and recreation area also lies within the town limits.
The Blackstone River Valley was the first industrialized region in the United States and has a rich manufacturing heritage.
Blackstone and Mumford Rivers run through the town and in the early 19th century numerous industrial developments were erected along the riverbanks, including Whitin Machine Shop in Whitinsville. At one time, it was the largest manufacturer of textile machines in the world.
Northbridge and nearby attractions include: Towne Plaza Shopping Center, Whitinsville United Methodist Church, Cooper Road Cemetery, Cook Allen Brook and Whitinsville Historic District. The town also has many great neighborhoods to explore and offers a variety of restaurants, numerous shopping experiences, art galleries, museums, parks and playgrounds.
Situated between Interstates 90, 146, 395, and 495, the beautiful town of Northbridge has excellent access to major cities such as Worcester, Providence and Boston.
As of 2011, Northbridge’s population is 14,411 people with 848 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, the town has experienced a population growth of 9.41%. The median age is 37.9. 52.09% of people are married and 9.32% are divorced. The average household size is 2.65 people. 49.15% of people are married, with children and 55.90% have children and are single.
Climate and Health Index
Northbridge gets 45 inches of rain per year and 42 inches of snowfall. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 114. On average, there are 197 sunny days per year with July highs around 84 degrees and January lows around 14 degrees.
Air quality is 38 on a scale to 100 (higher is better) and water quality is 52 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), as reported by the EPA.
Northbridge, MA Economy
The town was recently named as one of the most ‘Bio-Ready’ communities in both Massachusetts and New England (The Boston Globe), making it a desired location for businesses such as bio-pharmaceutical companies, biomedical companies, bio-diesel companies, and solar and wind energy companies.
The unemployment rate is 10.10% with job growth at 0.61%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 31.12%. The sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is 5.30%. Income per capita is $31,877, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is $71,408.
Population by Occupation
- Professional and Related Occupations 21.89%
- Service 13.33%
- Sales and Office 24.33%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.07%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 10.11%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 17.44%
Northbridge MA Real Estate
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate or thinking about relocating, you’ll find many residential options to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, condominiums or short sales, I am a Northbridge MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for! There is quite a diverse selection in housing ranging from smaller in town village colonials to luxury style residences in executive neighborhoods.
The median home value is $285,800 and home appreciation is -2.06% over the last year. The median age of real estate is 43 years. Renters make up 28.66% of the town’s population and 3.33% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
The town is served by Northbridge Public Schools and spends $4,818 per student. There are 14 pupils per teacher, 1,268 students per librarian, and 488 children per counselor. There are has 4 public schools including:
- Northbridge Elementary School
- W. Edward Balmer Elementary School
- Northbridge Middle School
- Northbridge High School
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Northbridge, MA
- College of the Holy Cross – Worcester
- Clark University – Worcester
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Worcester
- Worcester State College – Worcester
- Assumption College-Worcester
- Quinsigamond Community College – Worcester
- Bryant University – Smithfield
- 2 yr College Grad. 7.66%
- 4 yr College Grad. 20.99%
- Graduate Degrees 8.66%
- High School Grads. 90.28%
Hospitals/Medical Centers in Worcester County, MA
- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital
- Westborough State Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Clinton Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Adcare Hospital of Worcester
- UMassMem-Marlborough Hospital
- MetroWest Medical Center
- Wing Mem Hosp & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Harrington Memorial Hospital
- Landmark Medical Center
- Day Kimball Hospital
- Athol Memorial Hospital
Transportation and Commute
Amtrak stations nearest to Northbridge: Worcester (12 miles) and Framingham (17 miles). The nearest commuter rail station into Boston is located in nearby Grafton, approximately 8 miles away. Air transportation is available from Worcester Regional airport.
The average one-way commute takes 32 minutes. 87% of commuters drive their own car alone, 8% carpool with others, 0% take mass transit and 4% work from home.
Top Realtors Northbridge Massachusetts – Bill Gassett
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property or other Northbridge MA Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience.
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate, you will find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available. One of my areas of expertise is online marketing. I specialize in creating a dominate online position for my clients homes. I leave no stone unturned when it comes to marketing. My clients homes are found all over the internet in multiple websites and blogs I own along with some of the most popular internet portals.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston,MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 26 years servicing Metrowest MA, including Northbridge MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for thirteen out of the past fourteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty – a six office company with over 120 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton MA, Holliston MA, Medfield, Grafton MA, Marlborough and Franklin MA.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Northbridge Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Northbridge MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
22 South St #203, Hopkinton MA 01748
Connect with Bill’s Northbridge Real Estate profile on Google+
To see all Northbridge MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Northbridge, Massachusetts
[idx-listings city=”Northbridge” propertytypes=”163″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”10″ showlargerphotos=”true”]