The town of Milford is located in Worcester County, Massachusetts. According to the United States Census Bureau, Milford has a total area of 14.9 square miles.
The town was first settled in 1662 and officially incorporated in 1780. Milford was originally the eastern part of Mendon and called “Mill River.” Adjacent towns to Milford include: Hopkinton on the north; Holliston on the northeast; Medway on the east; Bellingham on the south; Hopedale on the southwest; and Upton on the west.
Milford is recognized in part for its highly regarded health care facility, Milford Regional Medical Center, which is affiliated with UMass Medical Center as a teaching hospital.
Milford has much to offer residents in the way of arts and entertainment including: Claflin Hill Music Performance Foundation, Inc.; Memorial Hall Cultural Center, Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra; Milford Arts Council; The Greater Milford Community Chorus; Milford Parents for Music; The Milford Performing Arts Center; New England Traditional Jazz Plus; New World Chorale; Rhapsody Music and Art Center and Southeastern Massachusetts Community Wind Symphony.
Since the introduction of Interstate 495, several major retailers have opened in Milford including: Kmart, Kohl’s, Target, Lowe’s, Sports Authority, Friendly’s, T.G.I. Friday’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Staples, Petco, and Best Buy.
Milford MA boasts good schools and educational facilities; a revitalized downtown; newly constructed and upgraded municipal buildings, numerous parks, playing fields and outdoor recreation options; a wide variety of restaurants, shopping venues and cultural activities to choose from; and a first class regional hospital.
The town of Milford is also conveniently located along I-495, making it an easy commute to Boston, Worcester and Providence, MA.
Milford, MA Population Statistics
As of 2011, Milford’s population is 25,000 plus people and 2,444 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, the town has experienced a population growth of -0.65 percent. The median age is 39.2. 49.89% of people are married and 9.40% are divorced. The average household size is 2.49 people. 45.41% of people are married with children and 51.09% have children and single.
Milford, MA Climate and Health Index
Milford gets approximately 46 inches of rain and 48 inches of snowfall per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 121. On average, Milford has 200 sunny days per year, with July highs around 84 degrees and January lows around 14 degrees.
Air quality in Milford is 38 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air (as reported by the EPA). Water quality is 52 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators by the EPA.
Milford, MA Economy
The unemployment rate in Milford is 8.00% with job growth at -0.07%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 31.86%. Sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is at 5.30%. Income per capita is $30,379, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is at $62,886.
Population by Occupation in Milford, MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 17.15%
- Professional and Related Occupations 24.56%
- Service 12.35%
- Sales and Office 25.89%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.11%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 7.33%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 13.07%
Milford, MA Real Estate and Housing
If you’re in the market to buy Real estate in Milford MA, you’ll find many residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, town homes or short sales, I am a Milford MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
The median home value is $281,500 with home appreciation at -2.16% over the last year. The median age of Milford MA real estate is 48 years. Renters make up 32.77% of the town’s population and 3.22% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Milford, MA Public Schools
The schools spend $7,574 per student. There are 13 students per teacher, 4,201 students per librarian, and 467 students per counselor. Public Schools in Milford include:
- Brookside Elementary School– (K-2)
- Memorial Elementary School– (K-2)
- Woodland Elementary School– (3-4)
- Stacy Middle School– (5-7)
- Middle School East (MSE) – (8)
- Milford High School (MHS) – (9-12)
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Milford, MA
- Framingham State College - Framingham
- Wellesley College – Wellesley
- Bryant University – Smithfield
- College of the Holy Cross – Worcester
- Babson College – Wellesley
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Worcester
- Clark University – Worcester
Milford, MA Educational Statistics
- 2 yr College Grad. 9.10%
- 4 yr College Grad. 21.71%
- Graduate Degrees 8.52%
- High School Grads. 88.21%
Hospitals/Medical Centers in Worcester County, MA
- Milford Regional Medical Center (located in Milford)
- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital
- Westborough State Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Clinton Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Adcare Hospital of Worcester
- UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Wing Mem Hospital & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Harrington Memorial Hospital
- Landmark Medical Center
- Day Kimball Hospital
- Athol Memorial Hospital
Parks in Milford, MA
- Plains Park
- Draper Park
- Milford High School Fields
- Town Park
- Cedar Swamp Pond
- Louisa Lake
- Milford Upper Charles Trail
Lakes/Reservoirs in Milford, MA
- Milford Pond
- Lake Luisa Reservoir
- Cedar Swamp Pond
- Louisa Lake
- Fiske Millpond
Milford, MA Town Utilities
Milford, MA Transportation and Commute
Amtrak stations near Milford include: Framingham- 11 miles; Worcester -17 miles and Route 128 – 20 miles. Milford is also served by MetroWest Regional Transit Authority. Airports nearest to Milford include: Logan Airport, Boston, MA – 43 miles; and Worcester Regional Airport, Worcester, MA – About 17 miles from Milford
The average one-way commute takes 30 minutes. 85% of commuters drive their own car alone, 9% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 2% work from home.
Milford MA Restaurants
- Caff’e Sorrento – Traditional Italian food in a comfortable atmosphere. A popular local hang out.
- Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant – Outstanding Mexican food – one of the best in the area.
- Prezo Grill & Bar – Upscale Italian restaurant with a great bar atmosphere.
- Mandarin Milford – Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
Bill Gassett – Milford Massachusetts Realtor
If you’re thinking about selling your Milford MA home, investment property or other Milford Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience.
If you’re in the market to buy , you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Real Estate, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston,MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 25 years servicing Metrowest MA, including Milford MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for twelve out of the past thirteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty - a five office company with over 135 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Milford MA Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Milford MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
77 Main Street, Hopkinton MA 01748
Connect with Bill’s Milford Real Estate profile on Google+
To see all Milford MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Milford, Massachusetts
We're sorry, but it seems that we're having some problems loading MLS data from our database. Please check back soon.