Realtors Guide to Milford Massachusetts Real Estate
Learn all there is to know about the Real Estate market by top Milford MA Realtor, Bill Gassett of RE/MAX Executive Realty. If you have any questions on anything to do with the town and specifically Milford Real Estate, please get in touch as I have been selling in town for the last twenty seven years! There are no other Realtors in Milford that have a track record of being one of the top real estate agents in the state.
The town of Milford is located in Worcester County, Massachusetts. According to the United States Census Bureau, Milford has a total area of 14.9 square miles.
The town was first settled in 1662 and officially incorporated in 1780. Milford was originally the eastern part of Mendon and called “Mill River.” Adjacent towns to Milford include: Hopkinton on the north; Holliston on the northeast; Medway on the east; Bellingham on the south; Hopedale on the southwest; and Upton on the west.
The town is recognized in part for its highly regarded health care facility, Milford Regional Medical Center, which is affiliated with UMass Medical Center as a teaching hospital.
Milford has much to offer residents in the way of arts and entertainment including: Claflin Hill Music Performance Foundation, Inc.; Memorial Hall Cultural Center, Metropolitan Youth Symphony Orchestra; Milford Arts Council; The Greater Milford Community Chorus; Milford Parents for Music; The Milford Performing Arts Center; New England Traditional Jazz Plus; New World Chorale; Rhapsody Music and Art Center and Southeastern Massachusetts Community Wind Symphony.
Since the introduction of Interstate 495, several major retailers have opened in Milford including: Kmart, Kohl’s, Target, Lowe’s, Sports Authority, Friendly’s, T.G.I. Friday’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, Staples, Petco, and Best Buy.
Milford MA boasts decent schools and educational facilities; a revitalized downtown; newly constructed and upgraded municipal buildings, numerous parks, playing fields and outdoor recreation options; a wide variety of restaurants, shopping venues and cultural activities to choose from; and a first class regional hospital.
The town of Milford is also conveniently located along I-495, making it an easy commute to Boston, Worcester and Providence, MA.
What’s to Like About Real Estate in Milford Massachusetts
One of the biggest driving forces of people who end up purchasing Real Estate in Milford is the affordability factor. When looking at a number of towns in the Metrowest area Milford would rank right up at the top the list as far as getting more home for your money. In my experience as a Milford Realtor, when some buyers initially look at some of the surrounding towns like Hopkinton, Holliston and Medway they get sticker shock. When people have expectations on a certain size home with expected amenities, Milford is often a safe haven where they can achieve their objectives.
There is without a doubt a very diverse housing stock. Milford Real Estate varies from apartment style condos, to affordable village colonials, to homes that would be considered luxurious in other towns but don’t have the exorbitant price tag. Quite a bit of the towns housing stock was constructed in the 70’s to 80’s. You will tend to find quite a few split level and ranch properties. Many of these homes can be found in an area of town that is famous for the streets being named after well known universities.
The location is outstanding as Route 495 runs right through the town and provides easy access to the Mass Pike. Whether you are heading to Boston, Worcester, Providence or the Cape, Milford provides a place where you can easily get to where you want to go. Milford MA real estate agents who cover the surrounding territory will tell you that there are not many towns that offer the highway accessibility combined with such affordable housing choices.
Housing & Population Statistics
As of 2011, the population is 25,000 plus people and 2,444 people per square mile (population density). Since 2000, the town has experienced a population growth of -0.65 percent. The median age is 39.2. 49.89% of people are married and 9.40% are divorced. The average household size is 2.49 people. 45.41% of people are married with children and 51.09% have children and single. Other than Framingham, Milford has a more culturally diverse population base than many of the other local communities.
The median home value is $281,500 with home appreciation at -2.16% over the last year. The median age of Milford MA real estate is 48 years. Renters make up 32.77% of the town’s population and 3.22% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Climate and Health Index
Milford gets approximately 46 inches of rain and 48 inches of snowfall per year. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 121. On average, Milford has 200 sunny days per year, with July highs around 84 degrees and January lows around 14 degrees.
Air quality in Milford is 38 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air (as reported by the EPA). Water quality is 52 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators by the EPA.
Economy & Household Income
The unemployment rate in Milford is 8.00% with job growth at -0.07%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 31.86%. Sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is at 5.30%. Income per capita is $30,379, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is at $62,886.
Population by Occupation in Milford, MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 17.15%
- Professional and Related Occupations 24.56%
- Service 12.35%
- Sales and Office 25.89%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.11%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 7.33%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 13.07%
Milford, MA Public Schools
The schools spend $7,574 per student. There are 13 students per teacher, 4,201 students per librarian, and 467 students per counselor. Public Schools in Milford include:
- Brookside Elementary School– (K-2)
- Memorial Elementary School– (K-2)
- Woodland Elementary School– (3-4)
- Stacy Middle School– (5-7)
- Middle School East (MSE) – (8)
- Milford High School (MHS) – (9-12)
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Milford, MA
- Framingham State College – Framingham
- Wellesley College – Wellesley
- Bryant University – Smithfield
- College of the Holy Cross – Worcester
- Babson College – Wellesley
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Worcester
- Clark University – Worcester
- 2 yr College Grad. 9.10%
- 4 yr College Grad. 21.71%
- Graduate Degrees 8.52%
- High School Grads. 88.21%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Closest to Milford, MA
- Milford Regional Medical Center (located in Milford)
- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital
- Westborough State Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Clinton Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Adcare Hospital of Worcester
- UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Wing Mem Hospital & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Harrington Memorial Hospital
- Landmark Medical Center
- Day Kimball Hospital
- Athol Memorial Hospital
- Plains Park
- Draper Park
- Milford High School Fields
- Town Park
- Cedar Swamp Pond
- Louisa Lake
- Milford Upper Charles Trail
- Milford Pond
- Lake Luisa Reservoir
- Cedar Swamp Pond
- Louisa Lake
- Fiske Millpond
Transportation and Commute
Amtrak stations near Milford include: Framingham– 11 miles; Worcester -17 miles and Route 128 – 20 miles. Milford is also served by MetroWest Regional Transit Authority. Airports nearest to Milford include: Logan Airport, Boston, MA – 43 miles; and Worcester Regional Airport, Worcester, MA – About 17 miles from Milford
The average one-way commute takes 30 minutes. 85% of commuters drive their own car alone, 9% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 2% work from home.
- Caff’e Sorrento – Traditional Italian food in a comfortable atmosphere. A popular local hang out.
- Acapulcos Mexican Restaurant – Outstanding Mexican food – one of the best in the area.
- Prezo Grill & Bar – Upscale Italian restaurant with a great bar atmosphere.
- Mandarin Milford – Chinese and Japanese cuisine.
Milford Massachusetts Realtor
If you’re thinking about selling your home, condominium or other Milford Massachusetts Real Estate, give me the chance to show you how I make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience.
When someone hires a Realtor today there should be a number of important considerations they consider including their past track record of success, statistical data such as their average days on market and list price to sale price ratio, along with their communication and marketing skills. When these things are top notch the rest is pretty easy.
While putting a SOLD rider on your lawn is my #1 goal, I also expect to make you feel like selling your home was not a painful experience!
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why I am a well respected Realtor servicing Milford Real Estate owners and how I put my clients homes in the lime light on the internet.
There are no other Realtors in Milford MA who are providing the level of online exposure found here through social media integration and search engine optimized results! If you are planning on selling your home, internet marketing is one of my specialties.
There are not many Realtors who do what it takes to make your home seem like it is “featured” everywhere.
Your property will be found in all the best places that most real estate buyer’s would be searching for Milford homes for sale, including this website which is highly indexed by Google and other search engines. The idea of great real estate marketing does not stop at putting a for sale sign in your yard and listing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
We leave no stone unturned when marketing our clients homes and condo’s. When it comes to Real Estate advertising, you will find that I do things that other Realtors do not including spending time on social media and search engine optimization. Seeing your home featured in Facebook, Google Plus, Linkedin and Twitter to name a few are the norm not the exception.
Additional things that help us stand out include exceptional photography from an excellent camera, vivid descriptions describing all the best features of your home, along with a video tour that will be found in Youtube, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and MLS.
In other words we go above and beyond what other Milford MA real estate agents do. The goal is to achieve repeat business and referrals from our past clients year after year.
If you are a buyer looking to purchase a home,you will find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle and budget needs. Whether you are looking to purchase an affordable in town village colonial or an executive home, let me be your guide to the Milford Real Estate market as an educated buyer’s agent. As a top Realtor in Milford I can offer my expertise on the real estate market so you can make an informed decision.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 27 years servicing Metrowest MA, including Milford MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for thirteen out of the past fourteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty – a five office company with over 120 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
- In 2013 was the #1 RE/MAX real estate agent in Massachusetts.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 27+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Milford MA Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Milford MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
77 Main Street, Hopkinton MA 01748
Connect with Bill’s Milford Real Estate profile on Google+ where you will see some of my best real estate knowledge.
To see all Milford MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Milford, Massachusetts
- $539,000 : 64 Whitewood Rd, Milford4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Pinto Real Estate
- $519,900 : 2 Silva St, Milford4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $500,000 : 10 Dynasty Drive, Milford4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with ERA Key Realty Services-Bay State Group
- $499,900 : Lot 1 Field Pond Rd, Milford4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Real Living Realty Group
- $469,900 : 32 Littlefield Rd, Milford4 beds, 2 full, 1 half bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty
See all Real estate in the city of Milford.
(all data current as of 2/12/2016)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
The Milford MA Real Estate pictured above is a sampling of the types of properties you will see for sale. If you would like to work with a top Milford MA Real Estate agent who knows what they are doing please get in touch!