Realtors Guide to Grafton Massachusetts
Grafton is a semi-rural town located in Worcester County, east central Massachusetts. According to the United States Census Bureau, Grafton has a total area of 23.3 square miles and is located 30 miles west of Boston.
The zip code for Grafton is 01519.
The town is named after Charles Fitz Roy, 2nd Duke of Grafton, the son of King Charles II of England, and was incorporated on April 18, 1735.
Six villages were formed near the centers of manufacturing in Grafton including: Grafton (center); New England Village (North Grafton); Centerville (Brigham Hill by the river); Farnumsville, Fisherville, and Saundersville (South Grafton).
Historic highlights in the town include: the Willard House and Clock Museum, home of America’s premier 18th century clock makers, and the old mill villages of New England Village and Farnumsville.
By the early 19th century, houses in the town were built along North Street, South Street, and Worcester Street. Many wonderful examples of Greek Revival, Early American and Victorian architecture still exist today.
Grafton, MA Population Statistics
As of 2011, Grafton’s population is 17,737 people. Since 2000, Grafton has experienced a population growth of 19.06%. There are 793 people per square mile (population density). The median age is 38.4 compared to the US median of 36.6. 53.30% of people are married and 8.96% are divorced. The average household size is 2.49 people. 47.11% of people are married with children and 54.10% have children and are single.
Grafton, MA Climate and Health Index
Grafton gets 45 inches of rain per year and 42 inches of snowfall. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 114. On average, there are 197 sunny days per year with July highs around 81 degrees and January lows around 17 degrees.
Air quality is 38 on a scale to 100, based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air. Water quality is 52 on a scale to 100.
Grafton, MA Economy
The unemployment rate in Grafton is 7.00% with job growth at -0.71%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 31.58%. Grafton sales tax is 5.00% and income tax is 5.30%. Income per capita is $36,863, which includes all adults and children and the median household income is $76,520.
Population by Occupation in Grafton, MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 17.95%
- Professional and Related Occupations 30.05%
- Service 9.10%
- Sales and Office 23.54%
- Farming, Fishing and Forestry 0.18%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 8.52%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 12.13%
Grafton, MA Real Estate and Housing
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate in Grafton, you’ll find many residential options to choose from.
Whether you’re looking for a luxury and estate home, single-family home, condominium or maybe a short sale, I am a Grafton MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for!
The median home value is $331,500 with home appreciation at -2.20% over the last year. The median age of Grafton MA Real Estate is 34 years. Renters make up 23.81% of the population and 2.74% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Grafton, MA Public Schools
The town is served by Grafton Public Schools. Their goal is to “prepare all students to be life long learners and responsible citizens.” Public schools include:
- Grafton Elementary
- North Grafton Elementary
- South Grafton Elementary
- Grafton Middle
- Grafton High
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Grafton, MA
- College of the Holy Cross – about 7 miles in Worcester, MA
- Clark University – about 8 miles in Worcester, MA
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – about 8 miles in Worcester, MA
- Worcester State College – about 9 miles in Worcester, MA
- Assumption College – about 9 miles in Worcester, MA
- Quinsigamond Community College – about 9 miles in Worcester, MA
- Framingham State College – about 15 miles in Framingham, MA
Grafton, MA Educational Statistics
- 2 yr College Grad. 9.22%
- 4 yr College Grad. 26.76%
- Graduate Degrees 14.13%
- High School Grads. 93.36%
Hospitals/Medical Centers nearest to Grafton in Worcester County, MA
- Fairlawn Rehab Hospital
- Westborough State Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Clinton Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Adcare Hospital of Worcester
- UMass Mem-Marlborough Hospital
- MetroWest Medical Center
- Wing Mem Hosp & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Harrington Memorial Hospital
- Landmark Medical Center
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Day Kimball Hospital
- Athol Memorial Hospital
Grafton, MA Transportation and Commute
Commuter rail service from Boston’s South Station is provided by the MBTA with the Grafton station on its Framingham/Worcester Line. Amtrak stations near the town include Worcester and Framingham. The nearest major airport is Boston Logan International.
The average one-way commute takes 33 minutes. 85% of commuters drive their own car alone, 7% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 6% work from home.
Bill Gassett – Grafton Massachusetts Realtor®
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property or other Grafton MA Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience.
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate, you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Real Estate, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 26 years servicing Metrowest MA including Grafton MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for twelve out of the past thirteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty - a five office company with over 120 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Grafton Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Grafton MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
68 Worcester Street, Grafton MA 01536
Connect with Bill’s Grafton Real Estate profile on Google+
To see all Grafton MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Grafton, Massachusetts
See all Real estate in the city of Grafton.
(all data current as of 2/26/2014)
- $187,400 : Lot Aff-3 High Point Drive, Grafton3 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with Bluestone Realty East Inc
- $199,000 : 147 Main St, Grafton5 beds, 1 full, 1 part bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty Greater Worcester
- $199,900 : 13 Airport Rd, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with RE/MAX Best Choice
- $205,100 : Lot Aff-4 High Point Drive, Grafton4 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with Bluestone Realty East Inc
- $209,900 : 212 Brigham Hill Rd, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with A. J. Homes
- $209,900 : 73 Westboro Rd, Grafton3 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $227,500 : 4 Linda Circuit, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with Century 21 Commonwealth
- $229,900 : 53 East Street, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with RE/MAX Prestige
- $229,900 : 175 Providence Rd, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $234,900 : 20 Chestnut St, Grafton3 beds, 1 full, 1 part bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Shrewsbury
- $235,000 : 27 Snow Road, Grafton4 beds, 2 full, 1 part bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Worcester - Park Ave.
- $249,900 : 20 Suzanne Ter, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with Keller Williams Realty Westborough
- $250,000 : 28 Hilltop St, Grafton5 beds, 3 full bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Worcester - Park Ave.
- $259,000 : 37 Hollywood Drive, Grafton3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Mathieu Newton Sotheby's International Realty
- $259,900 : 23 Millbury St, Grafton3 beds, 1 full bathListed with ERA Key Realty Services - Westborough
- $259,900 : 38 Airport Rd, Grafton3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty-Merrimack
- $269,000 : 11 Hollywood Dr, Grafton3 beds, 1 full, 1 part bathsListed with Era Key Realty Services- Milf
- $275,000 : 8 Mason Dr, Grafton3 beds, 1 full, 1 part bathsListed with Park Place Realty Enterprises
- $278,000 : 95 Old Westboro Road, Grafton3 beds, 1 full, 1 part bathsListed with Anthony Joseph Real Estate LLC
- $279,900 : 2 Crescent St, Grafton3 beds, 2 full bathsListed with RE/MAX Advantage 1
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.