Realtors Guide to Medway Massachusetts Real Estate
Learn all there is to know about the Real Estate market by top Medway MA Realtor, Bill Gassett of RE/MAX Executive Realty. If you have any questions on anything to do with the town and specifically Medway Real Estate, please get in touch as I have been selling here for the last thirty years! There are very few Realtors in Medway that have the track record of being a top producer year after year.
The town of Medway is located in Norfolk County, Massachusetts. According to the United States Census Bureau, Medway has a total area of 11.5 square miles.
The town was first settled in 1657 and officially incorporated in 1713. Medway was originally part of adjacent Medfield but split off sometime around 1713 when more settlers were coming to the region. The Charles River played a big role in establishing an industry for Medway which attracted many to the area. For about 170 years after the creation of the town, the amount of land was substantially larger. Around 1895 the land to the east which is now known as the town of Millis was broken off from Medway.
Medway is recognized in part for its highly regarded health care facility, Milford Regional Medical Center, which is affiliated with UMass Medical Center as a teaching hospital.
Medway has much to offer residents including a striving area of business along Route 109, good schools, a very low crime rate, and a high rate of home ownership in predominantly single-family homes. You will also find good access to major commuting highways. Most people who move into town find that there is a strong sense of community.
Some of the major businesses you will recognize in Medway include Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, McDonalds, Papa Ginos, Blockbuster, Starbucks, Walgreens, True Value Hardware, Sprint-Nextel, UPS, and Fedex.
Medway boasts good schools and educational facilities included a recently constructed high school, a wide variety of dining options along Route 109, a quaint downtown area, a number of area parks, playing fields and outdoor recreation options, shopping venues and cultural activities to choose from, as well as first class regional hospital in adjacent Milford.
The town of Medway is also conveniently located a short distance from Route I-495, making it an easy commute to Boston, Worcester, and Providence, Rhode Island. Medway MA Real Estate agents understand all the benefits the town has to offer including the ease in which you can get to major routes.
Medway MA Real Estate
If you’re in the market to buy Real estate in Medway MA, you’ll find many residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, townhomes, new construction or possibly a short sale, I am a Medway MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for! While investigating the town you will find quite a few quality, well-established neighborhoods, many of which can be found along Route 126.
If you are selling a home internet marketing is one of my specialties! There are not many Medway Real Estate agents who are providing the type of online exposure my clients receive. Your property will be found in all the top places that most buyers would be searching for Medway homes for sale, including this website which is highly indexed by Google and other search engines. Our idea of good real estate marketing does not stop at putting a for sale sign in the ground and listing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
We leave no stone unturned when marketing our client’s homes. When it comes to Real Estate advertising, you will find that I do things that other Realtors do not including spending time on social media and SEO optimization. Additional things that help us stand out include exceptional photography from a high-end camera, vivid descriptions describing all the best features of your home, along with a video tour that will be found on Youtube, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and MLS. The real estate marketing provided is second to none. With over 90 percent of all buyer’s finding their homes online this is where I concentrate all of my efforts.
The online marketing I am providing my clients has allowed me to become one of the top RE/MAX Real Estate agents in New England over the last 10 plus years. Medway is one of the towns I really enjoy selling real estate in as it has some very nice housing and easy access to major routes.
Medway Housing and Population Statistics
The population is 12,752 as of the 2010 census. 1127 people per square mile (population density) which is considered low. Since 2000, the town has experienced a population growth of about 3.6% percent. The median age is around 36. 67% of the residents are married and 6.20% are divorced. The average household size is 3 people. 79.8% of people are married with children.
The cost of living index is 132.3 which is considered OK. The US average is at 100.0. Realtors in Medway love selling the town because of the blending of so many great amenities offered.
Climate and Health Index
The town gets approximately 46 inches of rain and 48 inches of snowfall per year. A number of days with any measurable precipitation is 121. On average, there are 200 sunny days per year, with July highs around 84 degrees and January lows around 14 degrees.
Air quality is 30 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on ozone alert days and number of pollutants in the air (as reported by the EPA). Water quality is 52 on a scale to 100 (higher is better), based on a complex method of measuring watershed quality using 15 indicators by the EPA.
The unemployment rate is 5.3% with job growth at .55%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be around 36%. Sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is at 5.30%. Income per capita is $36,758, which includes all adults and children. Median household income is at $93,975 as of 2013. The average as of 2000 was only $75,135.
Population by Occupation (Male)
- Professional, scientific, and technical services (12%)
- Construction (10%)
- Computer and electronic products (8%)
- Public administration (6%)
- Finance and insurance (5%)
- Health care (4%)
- Motor vehicle and parts dealers (4%)
Population by Occupation (Female)
The schools spend $11,641 per student. There are 14.8 students per teacher. SAT Scores for reading, writing, and math were 538, 551 and 564 in 2011. Real Estate agents in Medway MA understand the schools are very solid. Public Schools in Medway include:
- Burke-Memorial School – 16 Cassidy Lane.
- John D. McGovern School – 9 Lovering Street.
- Medway Middle School – 45 Holliston Street.
- Medway High School – 88 Summer Street.
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students Closest to Medway, MA
- Framingham State College
- Wellesley College
- Babson College
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- Brandeis University
- Bryant University
- Stonehill College
- 2 yr College Grad. 7.5%
- 4 yr College Grad. 44.11%
- High School Grads. 96.7%
Hospitals/Medical Centers Closest To Medway MA
Massachusetts is known for having some of the finest medical care anywhere in the United States. Take a look at some of the finest hospitals in close proximity.
- Milford Regional Medical Center (located in Milford)
- Landmark Medical Center (Woonsocket, R.I)
- Newton – Wellesley Hospital
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- Westwood Lodge Hospital
- Baystate Mary Lane Hospital
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Lahey Clinic
- UMass Memorial-Marlborough Hospital
- Metrowest Medical Center (formerly the Framingham Union)
- Wing Memorial Hospital & Med Centers
- UMass Memorial Medical Center
- Hubbard Regional Hospital
- Heywood Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Worcester State Hospital
- Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, R.I)
- Landmark Medical Center
- Webster EMS
Parks Around Medway, MA
- Choate Park
- Medway Dog Park
- Ashland State Park
- Hopkinton State Park
- Milford Upper Charles Trail
Lakes/Reservoirs/Ponds in or Nearby
- Milk Pond
- Park Pond
- Kirby Swamp
- Hopping Brook
- Center Brook
- Lake Luisa Reservoir
- Louisa Lake (Milford)
- Fiske Millpond (Milford)
Transportation and Commute
Amtrak stations near Medway include Framingham – 9 miles, Westwood – 15 miles and Worcester – 29 miles. Medway is also served by MetroWest Regional Transit Authority. Airports nearest to Medway include Logan Airport, Boston, MA – 33 miles; and Worcester Regional Airport, Worcester, MA – About 29 miles from Medway.
The average one-way commute takes 30 minutes. 85% of commuters drive their own car alone, 9% carpool with others, 1% take mass transit and 2% work from home. For those that are commuting to Boston and like taking the train rather than driving to work, you can catch the MBTA train in neighboring Franklin.
There are a few choices when you want to head out and get a nice meal and not head too far from home. Restaurant choices include:
- Restaurant 45 – nice Italian/American Cuisine
- Medway Cafe – comfortable sports bar with a wide variety of food.
- Mickey Cassidy’s – a hometown favorite where you are sure to see someone you know. Pub style food is found here.
Medway Massachusetts Realtor – Bill Gassett
If you’re thinking about selling your Medway Massachusetts home, investment property or other Real Estate, allow me to help make your sale a fantastic experience. When people hire a Realtor today there should be a number of important considerations including their past track record of success getting the job done, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios and average days on market, along with their communication and marketing skills. My statistics as a Realtor servicing real estate in Medway are top notch.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why I am a well respected Realtor servicing Medway and how I put my client’s homes in the spotlight online. There are no other Medway Realtors who provide anything close to the social media integration or search engine optimized results you will see at this and other real estate websites I own.
If you are in the market to buy,you will find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs. Whether you are looking to buy an affordable in town village colonial or an executive home, let me be your guide to the Medway Real Estate market as an educated buyer’s agent.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Real Estate, my goal is to provide advice you can count on and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available. I have been helping folks move in and out of town for the last three decades.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA.
- Full-time Realtor for past 30 years servicing Metrowest MA, including Medway Massachusetts.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for thirteen out of the past fourteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty – a six office company with over 135 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, Marlborough and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England and ranked #26 in the entire US.
- in 2013 was the #3 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England and ranked #1 in Massachusetts. Also placed in the top 100 Realtors in the country.
- In 2015 was the #5 RE/MAX Real Estate agent in New England.
- In 2016 was the #3 RE/MAX Real Estate agent in New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 30+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Medway MA Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtors Medway MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
22 South Street #203, Hopkinton MA 01748
Email: [email protected]
Connect with Bill’s Medway Real Estate agent profile on Google+
To see all Medway MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Medway, Massachusetts
- $700,000 : 97 Winthrop St., Medway0 beds, 0 bathListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Sharon
- $575,000 : 5 Flagstone Dr. #47, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $565,000 : 6 Flagstone Dr. #50, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $449,900 : 4 Flagstone Dr. #49, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $429,000 : 6 Ridgestone Dr. #68, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $425,000 : 12 Ridgestone Dr. #65, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $425,000 : 2 Ridgestone Dr. #70, Medway2 beds, 3 bathsListed with Casa Realty Service
- $335,000 : 11 Main St, Medway0 beds, 0 bathListed with Keller Williams Realty
- $295,000 : 24 Stable Way, Medway0 beds, 0 bathListed with Classic Properties REALTORS®
- $244,900 : 14 Sanford St #62, Medway2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Worcester - Park Ave.
- $239,900 : 48 Lovering Street #7, Medway4 beds, 2 bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $214,900 : 14 Sanford St #16, Medway2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Shrewsbury
- $209,900 : 280 Village St #H2, Medway2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Donahue Real Estate Co.
- $200,000 : 97 Winthrop St., Medway0 beds, 0 bathListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Sharon
- $194,900 : 120 VILLAGE STREET #A, Medway2 beds, 1 bathListed with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Page Realty
- $100,000 : 21 Clark St, Medway0 beds, 0 bathListed with Keller Williams Realty
- $2,000 : 45 Milford Street #1, Medway0 beds, 2 bathsListed with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Page Realty
- $1,650 : 14 Sanford Street #64, Medway2 beds, 2 bathsListed with Realty Executives Boston West
- $1,450 : 8 Sanderson #2, Medway2 beds, 1 bathListed with Keller Williams Realty
See all Real estate in the city of Medway.
(all data current as of 8/22/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
The above homes for sale are what make Medway a special place to live! Need a Medway Real Estate agent? Get it touch – I would love to help you out.