Realtors Guide to Franklin MA Real Estate
Do you want to learn all there is to know about the Real Estate market by top Franklin MA Realtor, Bill Gassett of RE/MAX Executive Realty? If you have any questions regarding anything to do with Franklin Mass and specifically Franklin Real Estate, please get in touch as I have been servicing real estate needs in town for the last twenty seven years! There are very few Realtors in Franklin that have the track record of being a top producer year after year. As a Realtor working in and around the area for nearly three decades, I know what makes Franklin desirable!
The Town of Franklin is located in Norfolk County, Southern Massachusetts, 35 miles southwest of Boston and 20 miles north of Providence Rhode Island.
Franklin is bordered by Norfolk (East), Medway (North), Wrentham (South), and Bellingham (West) and is a part of the Boston MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area). According to the United States Census Bureau, Franklin has a total area of 27 square miles.
The town was first settled by Europeans in 1660 and was officially incorporated during the American Revolution. The town chose to be called Franklin in honer of Benjamin Franklin.
The Franklin Public Library is the first public library in America with original books donated by Benjamin Franklin.
At one end of Franklin’s Historic District is the little Red Brick School, and is believed to be one of the oldest still functioning public schools in the US.
The town still contains vestiges of its Industrial Revolution background. One old mill building was turned into residential condos and a nearby building consists of a variety of commercial businesses, including the Franklin Mill Store.
The Feast of Saint Rocco is an Italian festival offering visitors delicious regional food, live entertainment, carnival rides and games. Held in honor of the Catholic patron saint of the poor and infirm, the festival is very popular and draws thousands of people during the four day event.
Overall, Franklin is a charming, historical Massachusetts town and a great place to live and raise a family. Frankin real estate agents understand there are a ton of benefits living in this terrific community. Come and take a look you won’t be disappointed!
As of 2011, Franklin’s population is 33,272 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 12.47 percent. There are 1,190 people per square mile (population density). The median age is 36.4. 62.10% of people are married and 6.49% are divorced. The average household size is 2.88 people. 58.47% of people are married with children and 55.77% have children and are single.
The climate is typical of Eastern Massachusetts and experiences a wide range of temperatures from winter to summer. The town gets 48 inches of rain per year and 46 inches of snowfall. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 112.
On average, there are 203 sunny days per year in Franklin with July highs are around 84 degrees and January lows are around 14 degrees.
Businesses looking to relocate to Franklin can take advantage of some of Massachusetts’ business incentives. Predominately a manufacturing town, a single tax rate for businesses and residents has helped draw local and nationally known firms to the area, such as Putnam Investments and New England dairy Garelick Farms.
Forge Park, a 360-acre development, houses such major companies as Cisco and New England Power, and it contributes more than a million dollars a year to the city’s tax base.
Franklin’s unemployment rate is 7.10%, with job growth of 0.11%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 33.12%. Franklin sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is 5.30%. Income per capita is $39,469, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $95,752.
Population by Occupation in Franklin, MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 23.89%
- Professional and Related Occupations 25.88%
- Service 9.77%
- Sales and Office 25.39%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.21%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 7.62%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 9.52%
Franklin MA Realty
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate in Franklin MA or thinking about relocating, you’ll find many residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, town homes or possibly short sales, I am a Franklin MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for! Franklin Real Estate is quite diverse with condominiums under 100k to homes approaching a million dollars. Franklin’s bread and butter price point however is in the 300-500k range.
One of the things you will quickly find out about the Franklin real estate market is how many exceptional subdivisions there are. Franklin went through a tremendous growth phase over the last fifteen years. There are a number of very well know neighborhoods scattered throughout the town. Numerous quality builders set up shop here from those that were local to the area to national builders such as Toll Brothers. Builders recognized what a quality place Franklin is to live. Selling here became easy because of the tremendous popularity of the town. Any Franklin MA real estate agent will tell you what a quality housing stock exists here.
The real estate market went through boom times from the mid 1990’s all the way to 2005 when the market collapsed. Values of Franklin real estate soared through one of the greatest periods of real estate appreciation in our history. Just as quickly as housing values rose they came to a crashing halt at the Spring of 2005. The downturn lasted for seven years when the market bottomed in 2012. The Franklin real estate market was in full rebound mode in 2013. Inventory dropped to the lowest levels we have seen in decades. Homes were selling as quickly as they were being listed for sale. As we have moved into 2014 the real estate market has remained vibrant. There has certainly been a shift from a buyers market to one that favors sellers.
The median home value is $375,600. Home appreciation is 0.19% over the last year. The median age of Franklin real estate is 29 years. Renters make up 17.16% of the population and 2.42% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Franklin Public Schools
The schools spend $7,782 per student. There are 13 pupils per teacher, 1,230 students per librarian and 892 children per counselor. The Public Schools include:
- Helen Keller Elementary School
- Horace Mann School
- JF Kennedy Memorial School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Oak Street Elementary School
- Annie Sullivan Middle School
- Remington Middle School
- Parmenter School
- Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter School
- Davis Theyer School
- Tri County Reg Voc Tech School
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Franklin
- Dean College
- Bryant University
- Framingham State College
- Wellesley College
- Stonehill College
- Babson College
- Providence College
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- 2 yr College Grad. 9.02%
- 4 yr College Grad. 31.49%
- Graduate Degrees 17.02%
- High School Grads. 94.90%
Hospitals/Medical Centers nearest to Franklin
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Landmark Medical Center
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital
- Norwood Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Miriam Hospital
- Butler Hospital
Transportation and Commute
There are good transportation networks with Route 140 with convenient access to highway I-495 and major routes such as the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90), Route 1 and I-95. Commuter rail service from Boston’s South Station is provided by the MBTA with the Forge Park/495 and Franklin stops on its Franklin Line.
Amtrak stations near Franklin include: Framingham Station – 13 Miles; Route 128 Station – 16 miles; and Providence Station -19 miles
The average one-way commute takes 36 minutes. 81% of commuters drive their own car alone. 5% carpool with others. 7% take mass transit and 5% work from home. With good schools,a terrific commuting location and the convenience of major shopping and restaurants it is no wonder this is a popular town for those who are moving into the area as well as those who have already been established locally.
Franklin Massachusetts Realtor – Bill Gassett
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property, condominium or other Franklin MA Real Estate, allow me to provide assistance that will make for a smooth and pleasant experience.
When you set out to interview Franklin MA Realtors there should be a number of important things you should expect to see in the agents presentation including the past track record of success, statistical data such as list price to sale price ratios and average days on market, along with the agents communication and marketing skills.
While putting a SOLD rider on your lawn is my #1 goal, I also expect to make you feel like selling your home was not a stressful experience!
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss why I am a well respected Franklin MA Real Estate agent that homeowners can trust with their largest asset. My specialty is putting my clients homes in the lime light online.
There are no other Realtors in Franklin MA who are providing the level of online exposure by using social media channels as well as search engine optimized results! If you are planning on selling your home, internet marketing is something I take very seriously. There are not many Franklin Realtors who will do what it takes to make your home seem like it is “featured” everywhere.
Your property will be found in all the top places that most buyer’s would be searching for Franklin homes for sale, including this website which is highly indexed by Google and other search engines. The idea of great real estate marketing does not stop at putting a for sale sign in your yard and listing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
We leave no stone unturned when it comes to marketing our clients homes and condominiums. As far as Real Estate advertising goes, you will find that I do things that other Realtors do not, including spending time on social media and search engine optimization. Seeing your home featured in Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus, Linkedin and Twitter to name a few, are the norm not the exception.
Additional things that help us stand out include exceptional photography from a high end camera, vivid descriptions describing all the best features of your home, along with a video tour that will be found in Youtube, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and the multiple listing service.
If you are in the market to buy,you will find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs. Whether you are looking to purchase an affordable in town village colonial, an executive home, or a small maintenance free condominium let me be your guide to the Real Estate market as a top Franklin MA real estate agent.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 27 years servicing Metrowest MA including Franklin MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for thirteen out of the past fourteen years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty – a five office company with over 120 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #26 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
- In 2013 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in Massachusetts.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 27+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Franklin Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Franklin MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
308 West Central Street, Suite E
Franklin, MA 02038
Connect with Bill’s Franklin Real Estate profile on Google+
Do you have Franklin Real Estate you are thinking of selling and want an exceptional Realtor to work with? Find out why RE/MAX Executive Realty has the #1 market share in Franklin Massachusetts at the video below.
To see all Franklin MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Franklin, Massachusetts
See all Real estate in the city of Franklin.
(all data current as of 9/23/2014)
- $2,295,000 : 34 Russet Hill Rd, Franklin5 beds, 5 full, 1 part bathsListed with Anthony Joseph Real Estate LLC
- $1,300,000 : Lot 25 Russet Hill Rd, Franklin4 beds, 4 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $1,200,000 : Lot 5 September Drive, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $999,900 : 14 Cotton Tail Lane, Unit LOT#9, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $975,000 : 45 October Dr, Franklin5 beds, 5 full bathsListed with Andrew E. Bissanti Realty
- $949,900 : 43 Blueberry Lane, Unit LOT#19, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $949,900 : 39 Blueberry Lane, Unit LOT #18, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $900,000 : 84 Jordan Rd, Franklin6 beds, 3 full bathsListed with Costello Realty
- $899,900 : 22 Lawrence Drive, Franklin6 beds, 4 full, 1 part bathsListed with Costello Realty
- $859,900 : 5 Dutchess Road, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Westwood
- $859,900 : 140 Jordan Road, Franklin5 beds, 5 full, 2 part bathsListed with Costello Realty
- $850,000 : 39 Lenox Dr, Franklin5 beds, 3 full, 2 part bathsListed with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Franklin
- $844,900 : 6 Sarsfield Road, Franklin7 beds, 4 full, 2 part bathsListed with William Raveis Delta Realtors
- $825,000 : 10 Dutchess Rd, Franklin5 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
- $785,000 : 483 Summer St, Franklin5 beds, 3 full, 1 part bathsListed with RE/MAX Executive Realty
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.
If you need a Realtor in Franklin Massachusetts, I would love the opportunity to provide assistance.