Franklin Massachusetts Real Estate Guide
The Town of Franklin is located in Norfolk County, Southern Massachusetts, 35 miles southwest of Boston and 20 miles north of Providence Rhode Island.
Franklin is bordered by Norfolk (East), Medway (North), Wrentham (South), and Bellingham (West) and is a part of the Boston MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area). According to the United States Census Bureau, Franklin has a total area of 27 square miles.
The town was first settled by Europeans in 1660 and was officially incorporated during the American Revolution. The town chose to be called Franklin in honer of Benjamin Franklin.
The Franklin Public Library is the first public library in America with original books donated by Benjamin Franklin.
At one end of Franklin’s Historic District is the little Red Brick School, and is believed to be one of the oldest still functioning public schools in the US.
The town still contains vestiges of its Industrial Revolution background. One old mill building was turned into residential condos and a nearby building consists of a variety of commercial businesses, including the Franklin Mill Store.
The Feast of Saint Rocco is an Italian festival offering visitors delicious regional food, live entertainment, carnival rides and games. Held in honor of the Catholic patron saint of the poor and infirm, the festival is very popular and draws thousands of people during the four day event.
Overall, Franklin is a charming, historical Massachusetts town and a great place to live and raise a family.
As of 2011, Franklin’s population is 33,272 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 12.47 percent. There are 1,190 people per square mile (population density). The median age is 36.4. 62.10% of people are married and 6.49% are divorced. The average household size is 2.88 people. 58.47% of people are married with children and 55.77% have children and are single.
The climate is typical of Eastern Massachusetts and experiences a wide range of temperatures from winter to summer. The town gets 48 inches of rain per year and 46 inches of snowfall. Number of days with any measurable precipitation is 112.
On average, there are 203 sunny days per year in Franklin with July highs are around 84 degrees and January lows are around 14 degrees.
Businesses looking to relocate to Franklin can take advantage of some of Massachusetts’ business incentives. Predominately a manufacturing town, a single tax rate for businesses and residents has helped draw local and nationally known firms to the area, such as Putnam Investments and New England dairy Garelick Farms.
Forge Park, a 360-acre development, houses such major companies as Cisco and New England Power, and it contributes more than a million dollars a year to the city’s tax base.
Franklin’s unemployment rate is 7.10%, with job growth of 0.11%. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 33.12%. Franklin sales tax rate is 5.00% and income tax is 5.30%. Income per capita is $39,469, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $95,752.
Population by Occupation in Franklin, MA
- Management, Business, and Financial Operations 23.89%
- Professional and Related Occupations 25.88%
- Service 9.77%
- Sales and Office 25.39%
- Farming, Fishing, and Forestry 0.21%
- Construction, Extraction, and Maintenance 7.62%
- Production, Transportation, and Material Moving 9.52%
Franklin MA Realty
If you’re in the market to buy Real Estate in Franklin MA or thinking about relocating, you’ll find many residential options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for luxury and estate homes, single-family homes, town homes or possibly short sales, I am a Franklin MA Realtor that can help you find exactly what you’re looking for! Franklin Real Estate is quite diverse with condominiums under 100k to homes approaching a million dollars. Franklin’s bread and butter price point however is in the 300-500k range.
The median home value is $375,600. Home appreciation is 0.19% over the last year. The median age of Franklin real estate is 29 years. Renters make up 17.16% of the population and 2.42% of houses and apartments are unoccupied (vacancy rate).
Franklin Public Schools
The schools spend $7,782 per student. There are 13 pupils per teacher, 1,230 students per librarian and 892 children per counselor. The Public Schools include:
- Helen Keller Elementary School
- Horace Mann School
- JF Kennedy Memorial School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Oak Street Elementary School
- Annie Sullivan Middle School
- Remington Middle School
- Parmenter School
- Benjamin Franklin Classical Charter School
- Davis Theyer School
- Tri County Reg Voc Tech School
Colleges/Universities with over 2000 Students nearest to Franklin
- Dean College
- Bryant University
- Framingham State College
- Wellesley College
- Stonehill College
- Babson College
- Providence College
- Massachusetts Bay Community College
- 2 yr College Grad. 9.02%
- 4 yr College Grad. 31.49%
- Graduate Degrees 17.02%
- High School Grads. 94.90%
Hospitals/Medical Centers nearest to Franklin
- Milford Regional Medical Center
- Metrowest Medical Center
- Landmark Medical Center
- Sturdy Memorial Hospital
- Norwood Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Miriam Hospital
- Butler Hospital
Transportation and Commute
There are good transportation networks with Route 140 with convenient access to highway I-495 and major routes such as the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90), Route 1 and I-95. Commuter rail service from Boston’s South Station is provided by the MBTA with the Forge Park/495 and Franklin stops on its Franklin Line.
Amtrak stations near Franklin include: Framingham Station – 13 Miles; Route 128 Station – 16 miles; and Providence Station -19 miles
The average one-way commute takes 36 minutes. 81% of commuters drive their own car alone. 5% carpool with others. 7% take mass transit and 5% work from home. With good schools,a terrific commuting location and the convenience of major shopping and restaurants it is no wonder this is a popular town for those who are moving into the area as well as those who have already been established locally.
Bill Gassett – Franklin Massachusetts Realtor
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property or other Franklin MA Real Estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience. If you’re in the market to buyReal Estate, you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Real Estate, my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
You will find all our efforts revolve around making your home look fantastic online with vivid photography, virtual tours and well though out descriptions. We then use our social media and search engine optimization knowledge to make your property visible all over the internet!
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 26 years servicing Metrowest MA including Franklin MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for eleven out of the past twelve years.
- #1 agent at RE/MAX Executive Realty - a five office company with over 135 agents. RE/MAX Executive Realty is one of the largest RE/MAX company’s in Massachusetts with offices in Hopkinton, Holliston, Medfield, Grafton, and Franklin.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
- In 2012 was the #1 RE/MAX Realtor in all of New England.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Franklin Real Estate needs!
Bill Gassett ~ Realtor Franklin MA
RE/MAX Executive Realty
445 Franklin Village Drive, Franklin MA 02038
Connect with Bill’s Franklin Real Estate profile on Google+
Do you have Franklin Real Estate you are thinking of selling and want an exceptional Realtor to work with? Find out why RE/MAX Executive Realty has the #1 market share in Franklin Massachusetts at the video below.
To see all Franklin MA homes for sale click the link provided below.
Map of Franklin, Massachusetts
See all Real estate in the city of Franklin.
(all data current as of 12/7/2013)
- $2,295,000 : 34 Russet Hill Rd, Franklin5 beds, 5 full, 1 part baths
- $1,199,000 : 45 October Dr, Franklin5 beds, 5 full baths
- $999,900 : 14 Cotton Tail Lane, Unit LOT#9, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $949,900 : 43 Blueberry Lane, Unit LOT#19, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $949,900 : 39 Blueberry Lane, Unit LOT #18, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $889,900 : 140 Jordan Road, Franklin5 beds, 5 full, 2 part baths
- $725,000 : 5 Lena Circle, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $699,900 : 20 Summer Heights Drive, Franklin5 beds, 3 full baths
- $679,900 : 58 Silver Fox Rd, Unit LOT#2A, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $679,000 : 25 Longhill Road, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $675,000 : 27 Crocker Ave., Franklin4 beds, 6 full, 1 part baths
- $669,000 : 10 Garnet Drive, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $659,000 : 67 Hancock Rd, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $639,900 : 40 Townline Rd., Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $625,000 : 6 Harrison Place, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $604,900 : 50 Charles River Dr, Franklin5 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $579,000 : 614 Oak St, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $550,000 : 39 Oxford Drive, Franklin5 beds, 4 full baths
- $550,000 : 1 Summit Road, Franklin4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $549,900 : 3 Angelo Way, Franklin4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
The property listing data and information set forth herein were provided to MLS Property Information Network, Inc. from third party sources, including sellers, lessors and public records, and were compiled by MLS Property Information Network, Inc. The property listing data and information are for the personal, non commercial use of consumers having a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing listed properties of the type displayed to them and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties which such consumers may have a good faith interest in purchasing or leasing. MLS Property Information Network, Inc. and its subscribers disclaim any and all representations and warranties as to the accuracy of the property listing data and information set forth herein.