The Metrowest Massachusetts real estate company you choose is far less important than the Metrowest Realtor® you choose to work with. Asking good real estate interview questions is critical in making sure you select the right Realtor® to work with.
When interviewing a prospective Metrowest MA real estate agent Massachusetts , ask the following questions:
How long have you been selling real estate in Massachusetts?
- How many homes did you sell last year as a seller’s agent?
- Of the homes you sold last year, again as a seller’s agent, what was the average number of days from the original list price to the accepted offer?
- What was the average ratio between the listing price and the selling price?
- What kind of market share do you and your company have?
- Do you have a personal assistant?
- What is your experience selling homes in my town?
- Can you provide me with at least 3 recent references?
- I have read the Internet is an extremely valuable tool. How will you market my home online?
- Do you have your own personal Real Estate website for marketing homes and if so does it come up in competitive Real Estate searches such as State, City and the worlds Real Estate or homes?
- Do you use social media marketing sites such as Facebook and Twitter to reach a wider net of Realtors® and potential clients?
- Do you use video and virtual tours to market your homes?
- When a buyer calls on my home will you ALWAYS be the one they speak with?
- How will you communicate with me regarding your efforts?
- Do you have a feedback system and if so, how does it work?
- How readily accessible will you be? Do you have a cell phone that I can reach you on when I need to?
- Once the offer is accepted will you be attending all the inspections on my home?
- How will you verify that the buyer is qualified to buy my home?
- What are your fee structures and why?
- As far as production goes if I called the owner of your company would they tell me you were one of the top producing agents in the company or a middle of the road agent?
- WILL YOU ALLOW ME TO TERMINATE OUR AGREEMENT IF I AM NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED?
Why Choose RE/MAX Executive Realty to Accomplish Your Goals
There is some merit however, on why an agent would choose to work for one company over another. The reason I choose RE/MAX and RE/MAX Executive Realty in particular is because I wanted to have control over my business. After working under the corporate mantra of Prudential Real Estate, when I started my career in 1986, I decided a change was necessary in 1996, if I wanted to take my Metrowest Massachusetts real estate business to the next level.
One of the best decisions of my life was to choose to work for RE/MAX Executive Realty. The structure of the RE/MAX system is much different than “traditional” companies like Century 21 and Coldwell Banker. In a RE/MAX system the individual agent is empowered to make all their own business decisions. This is what I wanted…to have complete control over how I run my business.
In the “traditional” system the agent relies on the owner or manager to call all the shots. How a property is marketed and advertised is up to the company and NOT the agent. In the RE/MAX system the individual agent you hire to sell your home will be making all the business decisions on what is best to accomplish your goals.
RE/MAX Exectutive Realty is a Leader in Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate
RE/MAX Executive Realty has been one of the dominant Metrowest Massachusetts real estate companies over the last fifteen years. In fact, year after year RE/MAX Executive Realty leads in the Metrowest Massachusetts real estate market share for many of the towns in the area for listed and sold homes. In real estate the goal is to always sell your own listings. The sellers, after all are your clients and have paid you well to perform. One of the many reasons why RE/MAX Executive Realty lists and sells more homes than any other agency in the Metrowest area is because of the skills of the agents along with the lines of communication.
The lines of communication work different at RE/MAX. When a consumer inquires about your home they ALWAYS speak with the listing agent i.e the person YOUhired to sell your home! Doesn’t that make the most business sense? Of course it does but yet almost all the other real estate companies that service real estate in and around Metrowest Massachusetts do not work that way.
These traditional companies have what is referred to as “office time”. During office time an agent mans the phone waiting for calls to come in for the homes that the company has listed. When a consumer calls, unless they specifically ask for the listing agent, they have to speak with the “on duty” agent. The “on duty” agent is not the listing agent. There are many reason why this system is not ideal.
The on duty agent may not have seen the house ~ It is difficult to represent a property well when you have not seen it. If you are flipping through papers to answer a consumers questions, you are less apt to convert that call to a client. Consumers want information quick! A savvy consumer can tell when an agent does not know their stuff. Many calls do not get converted to clients because of the agents skill level.
Top agents rarely man the phones ~ The agents that typically become the office secretary are the new agents, part time agents, and agents that don’t do much business. Can you picture a top producing Realtor manning the phones waiting to get a new client this way? I didn’t think so!
What if the agent manning the phone has a competing listing? I can tell you from experience when I worked for a traditional company, there were many occasions when I would over hear the “on duty” agent try to steer the buyer to one of their own listings. The RE/MAX system is designed for the listing agent to take ALL the calls on your property.
As mentioned briefly above, one of the other big differences in how a RE/MAX company works is that each agent makes all their own marketing decisions. RE/MAX agents are responsible for their own overhead. In traditional companies the owner of the company is responsible.
The agent has no say in when, where, and how much a property gets marketed. At RE/MAX the individual agent you hire is in control and does what is best for that particular property.
Can you guess what happens in a system where the agent pays for all their own expenses and does not rely on the owner to take care of all the overhead? You guessed it… the RE/MAX system attracts the best of the best in the industry. The Realtors that know they will be making sales every month regardless of what is happening in the market. RE/MAX attracts top producers! It is rare to see new or part time agents working at RE/MAX. Remember RE/MAX agents pay all their own expenses including rent and everything from paper clips to signs. Basically anything associated with running a business!
Choose a Realtor® with a Strong Internet Presence
The average time in the business for a RE/MAX agent is thirteen years! This is substantially higher than every other real estate company. Even within the RE/MAX system there are good Realtors® and there are GREAT Realtors®. Most of the time it does not cost you anymore to work with the the best of the best. If you are selling a home in the Metrowest Massachusetts area, picking a Realtor® with a strong Internet presence should be one of your top goals.
Your home or condo should show up on all the sites that garner the highest amount of Real Estate traffic. The agent you choose should have a website and more importantly the website should come in relevant online searches like the town, state, and the word “Real Estate”.
An agent that can rank well for a competitive search term like this will be drawing buyer clientele! Want to see some of the sites with the highest amount of Real Estate traffic online? See Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate marketing.
RE/MAX Executive Realty is a Great Company
- RE/MAX Executive Realty offers in-house mortgage services through Alliance Home Mortgage which is a subsidiary of Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo is one of the top banking firms in the U.S.
- The company has a dominant market share in many of the towns in the Boston Metrowest area.
- At RE/MAX Executive Realty, sales Associates average over 10 years of real estate experience which is over twice the industry average. Many of the agents working at our competitors are new to the business.
- RE/MAX offers one of the most successful relocation and referral networks in the entire real estate industry.
- RE/MAX Executive Realty has achieved over 97% customer and client satisfaction as measured by our Quality Assurance Survey.
- RE/MAX Executive Realty offers 5 office locations for customer satisfaction and convenience including RE/MAX Hopkinton MA, RE/MAX Holliston MA, RE/MAX Franklin MA, RE/MAX Upton MA, RE/MAX Medfield MA, RE/MAX Grafton MA, and RE/MAX Natick MA.
- The company offers prospective buyers some of the largest inventory of homes available in both resale homes and new construction homes.
- No one in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX!!
About RE/MAX Executive Realty
- Who We Are – What began in Denver, Colo., in 1973 as “a pad of paper and a dream” is now a global real estate franchise network that spreads across 65 countries and 8 territories, on 6 continents and more than 70 languages.
- Network Size – The revolutionary RE/MAX Concept of enabling real estate professionals to maximize their business potential has evolved into an organization of more than 115,000 Sales Associates in more than 4,200 offices worldwide.
- RE/MAX Sales Associates – RE/MAX Associates, on average, lead the industry in production, experience, and professional designations.
- The RE/MAX Balloon Logo – The red, white and blue RE/MAX Balloon, with its “Above the Crowd!®“slogan, is one of the most recognizable business logos in the world. With nearly 90 RE/MAX Hot Air Balloons around the globe, RE/MAX has the world’s largest balloon fleet.
- An Industry Leader – RE/MAX is the No. 1 Real Estate organization in Canada and in the United States.
- Global Expansion – The first RE/MAX region outside the United States and Canada was the Caribbean Basin, opened in 1991. It was followed two years later by RE/MAX of Mexico. In 1995, RE/MAX expanded into Southern Africa, Spain, Israel, Italy, and Germany. Since then, RE/MAX regions have become established in across Europe, in Asia, and in Australia.
- Record RE/MAX Production – In 1999, RE/MAX Associates were involved in more than 1 million sales transaction sides within a single year in the United States alone – an industry milestone. The audited production figures represent the most transaction sides in a single year ever recorded by any real estate network. The RE/MAX network has repeated the feat ever since.
The RE/MAX Concept – RE/MAX stands for “Real Estate Maximums.”
In exchange for paying a management fee and a share of the monthly office overhead, RE/MAX Associates keep the maximum allowed amount of their commissions and receive the many benefits of RE/MAX programs and services.
By offering Associates maximum commissions and maximum career freedom, RE/MAX influenced competitors to re-examine and adjust their own policies toward sales agents, thus dramatically changing the industry.As the network grew, renowned for its top producers and quality service to consumers, so did support programs, making RE/MAX a dynamic force in real estate education and technology.
The organization was one of the first real estate companies to have its own proprietary television network and one of the first in the industry to develop a site on the World Wide Web.
- Committed to real estate service In a business environment of mergers and acquisitions, RE/MAX is the only major real estate network still owned and directed by its founders.
The excellence of RE/MAX Broker/Owners and Sales Associates has led to an ever-increasing number of accolades from the business community at large. In January 2007, “Entrepreneur” magazine ranked RE/MAX No. 6 – up from No. 9 – on the 2006 Top Global Franchises list and again named RE/MAX “Best of the Best” for real estate services for the seventh time in eight years. RE/MAX climbed from No. 11 of Fastest Growing Franchises to No. 7 and finished in position No. 2 among Top Low Cost Franchises. It’s no wonder more people look to RE/MAX to help them in the home buying process.
On average, RE/MAX Associates sell more real estate than other agents. They are better qualified to set the right price for the homes they list, are better equipped to market those homes, and are likely to find clients engaged in the home buying process in a shorter period of time. That experience and education also means they are better qualified to find the right home for any buyer. The home buying process can be a daunting task, but with the expertise of a RE/MAX Associate, buyers can rest easy.
- More than 35 Years Above the Crowd RE/MAX – now an established industry leader – celebrated its 35th anniversary at the 2008 RE/MAX International Convention. Young in years but mature in experience, RE/MAX looks ahead to even greater development and success in its next quarter century.
RE/MAX Community Involvement
Community involvement is highly valued at all levels of the RE/MAX organization – from individual Associates to RE/MAX offices, regions, and RE/MAX International. RE/MAX marketing and charity fund raising take on many forms including:
- Most recently, RE/MAX has become a national co-sponsor of the Breast Cancer Survivor Recognition Program at Komen Race for the Cure® events.
- The RE/MAX organization has been the official real estate sponsor of the Children’s Miracle Network since 1992.
- Each year, about 20 charities host fund-raising golf tournaments at Sanctuary, the private course of RE/MAX International co-founders Dave and Gail Liniger.
- RE/MAX International is the first major sponsor of The Wildlife Experience, a conservation and community center promoting understanding of the natural world and its conservation through art and education.
RE/MAX is committed to helping the community and serving the public beyond its real estate needs.
If you’re thinking about selling your home, investment property or other Metrowest MA real estate, allow me to help make the transaction a smooth and pleasant experience. If you’re in the market to buy real estate in the Metrowest MA area, you’ll find a variety of residential options to choose from to fit your lifestyle budget and needs.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell real estate in Metrowest MA , my goal is to provide expert advice and exceptional customer service utilizing the latest, cutting-edge Internet marketing technology available.
A few of my accomplishments that I am proud of include:
- Graduated with B.S. in Marketing and Management Northeastern University Boston, MA. Active participant in the Cooperative Education Program.
- Full time Realtor for past 26 years servicing Metrowest MA, based in Hopkinton, MA.
- Member of National Association of Realtors & Greater Boston Real Estate Board.
- Prior to joining RE/MAX in 1996 was one of the top agents in MA for the Prudential Real Estate.
- Have been ranked one of the top 5 RE/MAX agents in Massachusetts each year, for twelve out of the past thirteen years.
- Elected to RE/MAX Hall of Fame.
- RE/MAX Lifetime Achievement award.
- Have been ranked as high as #19 RE/MAX agent in the United States.
- Featured in Who’s Who In Real Estate.
I have been listing and selling homes in and around Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 26+ years. Call or send me an email so we can discuss how I can best serve your Metrowest, MA real estate needs!
RE/MAX Executive Realty
77 Main St, Hopkinton MA 01748
Connect with Bill’s RE/MAX Real Estate profile on Google+